Grayhound Kit list
What is included
- Duvets, linen, pillows
- Sailing instruction
- All meals on board (professional chef)
- Tea, coffee, biscuits, fruit and day time snacks.
- Night watch snacks (if applicable)
- You don't have to do the cleaning, but help with the washing up is always appreciated.
- Waterproof and insulated jackets and trousers
- Life Jacket and safety equipment, we also have child automatic life jackets.
- Charging facilities for phones, cameras and tablets etc.
What is not included
- Travel to joining port
- Tours, shore expeditions with any hire vehicle or local guide (optional & shared costs)
- Personal travel insurance See Topsail Insurance LINK
- There is no bar on board so you might like to bring a bottle or two of wine to enjoy with meals. You can also buy organic sailed cargo wine, red, white and rose onboard.
What to Bring
Don't forget, Grayhound is 108ft overall so she will not always fit into small yacht marinas and she will often have to anchor off in the bay or port. Be prepared to get into a small boat with your luggage and pack sensibly protecting any vulnerable items like cameras.
Grayhound has waterproof and insulated flotation jackets and trousers on board which are very warm. In summer or hot locations you may wish to bring some lightweight waterproofs. Even in the Caribbean you can get tropical downpours or spray on deck when sailing in strong winds.
A mobile phone so you can ring the ship in an emergency or if you are running late on joining day. Also it means we can contact you if we have to change the joining port for any reason.
Grayhound's phone number will always be supplied with your balance confirmation e-mail.
Shoes with a good grip for deck & aloft
Rubber Boots or second pair of shoes for wet weather or getting in/out of dinghies
Swim suit & beach towel. You are welcome to bring snorkel and mask - especially worth it in the Caribbean or Cape Verde.
Suntan lotion & sunglasses - consider sunblock and lip salve protection in Canaries, Cape Verde, Trans Altantic, Caribbean.
Sun hat / warm hat, scarves, gloves
Clothes that dry quickly. Mix of warm, waterproof & windproof layers
Small rucksack for going ashore
Travel insurance documents/tickets
Personal medicines/ spectacles
Phone chargers. 240 generator on board UK three pin sockets.
We welcome musical instruments and you can plug in ipods or CDs into ships stereo.
There are storage areas for each bunk . Please pack in a soft rucksack or bag. A torch is useful as a few baggage spaces are at the foot of bunks with reading light at other end.
There is no alcohol to buy on board, so you are welcome to bring a bottle or two to drink with meals. If you decide to buy some on arrival
You can also buy Grayhound t shirts, mugs and Breton tops from our ship's shop we accept pounds or euros.
|Vessel||Start Date||End Date||Start Port||End Port||Price|
Quinto do Lorde, Madeira
|Grayhound||Porto, Portugal||Quinto do Lorde, Madeira||Fully booked|