Kit List for Hildur
- Safety Equipment (Life jackets and harnesses)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- All meals to include cooked breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments throughout the day.
- Bed linen, duvet, pillows and towels.
What is not included
- Travel to and from start and end port.
- Alcoholic beverages
What to bring
- Small flashlight.
- Sun-protection and bug repellant.
- Warm clothes incl. scarf, mittens, hat and warm thermal underwear.
- Light wool sweater or fleece (2nd layer).
- Warm Jacket – Wool or fleece (3rd layer).
- Shell Jacket or/and Rain jacket with hood – Waterproof and breathable material. Gore-Tex or alternative.
- Hiking Boots – The boots should be of leather (or leather and synthetic) with high cut to give sufficient ankle support. Preferably the sole should be soft but robust. Gore-Tex or alternative waterproof membrane is a preferable extra.
- Water container – e.g. plastic bottle (pet plastic).
- Camera equipment – Incl. spare batteries, memory card and/or films.
- Toothbrush, earplugs and other personal belongings.
It is advisable that what you wear is either waterproof or easy to dry.
No umbrella is needed !
Can I wash or/and dry my clothes?
Due to shortage on water supply, we will ask you to avoid cleaning your clothes on board. If anything gets wet during the trip, the engine room is very warm and can be used as a perfect drying place.
Can I recharge batteries and use the electrical power onboard?
Power for charging your batteries is available during sailing, when the motor is running (220V). We ask you to not charge batteries during the night, when anchoring. Standard Icelandic plugs are available (two pins EU size).
Is there phone / web access?
The area we sail in greenland is very remote. Cell phones and internet are not working. Part of the charm of the trip is this fact actually!
However cell phones work at the airport in Constable Point and also in Ittoqqortoormiit, the village where we spend the two last nights.
If urgent, passengers can make a phonecall with one of the ship’s satellite phones or send e-mail, sms or fax via Inmarsat, (the ship’s satellite communications system)
How is the climate / weather ?
You can expect temperatures between 2 and 12 degree Celsius, but the area is also known for having very little rain. It can be windy but on clear days and no wind, the sun can be very strong! Due to the long lasting high pressure over Greenland, the weather is usually very still so seasickness is rarely a problem.
|Vessel||Start Date||End Date||Start Port||End Port||Price|
|Hildur||Reykjavik, Iceland||Reykjavik, Iceland||Fully booked|