Working Language on Board
German and English
What is Included
- Sailing Instruction
- All meals to include refreshments throughout the day
- Duvet, pillow and sheets
- Hand towels
What is not Included
- Waterproof jackets and trousers
- Alcoholic drinks but there is a bar on board
- Any entry visas required
What to Bring
Suitcases take up a lot of room in a cabin, so it is better to uses soft bags in a ship. A small rucksack for going ashore is useful.
- Eye of the Wind does not supply waterproof jackets and salopette type trousers. Please bring your own waterproof clothing.
- A mix of warm and wind proof clothing.
- Lots of thin layers is better than one thick layer in cold destinations.
- In tropical countries - long sleeves and long trousers to protect you from the sun
- Footwear on board needs a good grip and soft soles- the decks are wood or steel.
- Ashore stout, waterproof walking boots are best if you are in remote places.
- Eye of the Wind has electric sockets in all the cabins 240 V
- Cameras, spare batteries, chargers if you need them
- Binoculars are handy for bird watching etc.
- Suntan lotion, hats, sunglasses
- Dont forget any regular medication, persciption glasses and spare
- Euros for bar bill
- Passport, travel insurance, tickets etc
- To get ashore is usually by dinghy so be prepared to get wet feet. Rubber boots or quick drying sandals - depending on the location.
- The ship provides hand towels but please bring a beach towel
- snorkel and mask for caribbean if you like snorkelling (travel tip: swimming goggles pack up smaller than a facemask)
- Bring insect repellant for Caribbean as can get mosquitos ashore in evening (rare at anchor)
- ear plugs can be handy
All the power to your plug sockets comes from the ship's generator which runs on deisel. The less the generators have to run to top up power, the nicer it is for the guests on board and also greener for the planet. Please don't bring loads of hairdriers, electric devices to charge.
There is no internet on board whilst at sea.
|Vessel||Start Date||End Date||Start Port||End Port||Price|
|Eye of the Wind||Stockholm, Sweden||Karlskrona, Sweden||From € 1,820 EUR|
|Eye of the Wind||Karlskrona, Sweden||Sassnitz, Germany||Fully booked|