Kit List for Opal
- Sailing instruction
- Safety Equipment (Life jackets and harnesses)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- All meals to include cooked breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments throughout the day.
- Bed linen, duvet, pillows and towels.
What's Not Included
- Travel to and from the start and end port.
- Optional trips or tours taken ashore
- Meals ashore
- Alcoholic Beverages
What to bring
There is limited storage space on Opal so please pack all you belongings in a soft rucksack or bag.
- Footwear: Shoes with a good grip e.g. trainers or sailing deck shoes. Hiking Boots should be of leather (or leather and synthetic) with high cut to give sufficient ankle support. Preferably the sole should be soft but robust. Gore-Tex or alternative waterproof membrane is a preferable extra.
- Rubber Boots or second pair of shoes for wet weather or getting in/out of dinghies.
- Suntan lotion & sunglasses
- Bug repellent
- Warm clothes incl. scarf, mittens, hat and warm thermal underwear.
- Clothes that dry quickly like fleeces and thermals. Mix of warm, waterproof & windproof layers. Wool jumpers are warm, even when wet, but can take a while to dry. Merino wool type shirts are good for under layers.
- Small rucksack for going ashore and water container
- Travel insurance documents/any travel tickets
- Passport for French Voyages, Ireland or any 6 day voyage like Scillies where Brittany might be an alternative option. On French voyages Reciprocal Free Health Care Card for Europe.
- Personal medicines/ spectacles/ seasick tablets –check which brand if you suffer from asthma or are on regular medication.
- Camera/binoculars etc