Provident - Kit List
What is Included:
- Sheets, pillow case
- Lifejackets and harness line
What is Not Included:
- Offshore waterproof jackets and trousers can be provided on request on 01872 580022 if you give us your size requirements (no charge) or you can bring your own.
- Alcohol to have with meals when not sailing. (the ship generally has wine you can buy on board)
What to Bring
- Hats for sun and cold weather.
- At least two sets of warm clothes - layers e.g. tracksuit bottoms, shirts, fleece jacket, wool jumpers, thick socks, and neck scarf. It can get cold at sea even in mid summer.
- Swim suit, towel, and suntan lotion.
- Flat shoes with a good grip e.g. trainers or sailing deck shoes. Sailing boots or wellies as the sea can come over deck if rough.
- (An alterative to boots in summer is to bring another pair of flat shoes with a good grip in case the first pair get wet).
- All terrain type Sandals are great for dinghy trips ashore – but you do need shoes which protect your toes for sailing.
- Camera, binoculars, sketchbook, a relaxing read.
- Passport for all Voyages. (UK Customs Vessels can do spot checks anywhere around the coast, even if the ship is not going abroad. If you don't have a passport, another photo ID may be sufficient for UK waters voyages. Please contact us for advice)
- Any medication, spare spectacles. Seasick tablets - check with your Doctor, which brand if you suffer from asthma or are on medication.
- RYA Cruising Logbook for RYA Courses.
- Musical instruments are always welcome.
N.B. BOATS HAVE LIMITED STORAGE SPACE SO PLEASE LIMIT YOURSELF TO ONE SOFT BAG OR RUCKSACK (NOT SUITCASES)