Kit List for Tecla
THIS IS TECLA standard voyage kit list. Specialist Antarctic kit list to follow shortly
- Sailing instruction
- Safety Equipment (Life jackets and harnesses)
- All meals to including refreshments throughout the day.
- Bed linen, duvet, pillows and towels.
What's Not Included
- Travel to and from the start and end port.
- Optional trips or tours taken ashore
- Meals ashore
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Personal towels
What to bring
There is limited storage space on Tecla so please pack all you belongings in a soft rucksack or bag.
- Footwear: Shoes with a good grip e.g. trainers or sailing deck shoes. (Sandals are great for beaches but you do need toe protection for sailing). Tecla has steel decks so waterproof walking boots are fine at sea in moderate winds and dry conditions and great for voyages where you might do some rough terrain walking like Iceland and Scotland.
- Rubber Boots or second pair of shoes for wet weather or getting in/out of dinghies.
- Swim suit & beach towel
- Suntan lotion & sunglasses
- Sun hat / warm hat, scarves, gloves
- Clothes that dry quickly like fleeces and thermals. Mix of warm, waterproof & windproof layers. Wool jumpers are warm, even when wet, but can take a while to dry. Merino wool type shirts are good for under layers.
- Small rucksack for going ashore
- Travel insurance documents/any travel tickets
- Personal medicines/ spectacles/ seasick tablets –check which brand if you suffer from asthma or are on regular medication.
- Camera/binoculars etc
- Modest quantity of alcohol for evening meals
- You are welcome to bring musical instruments
|Vessel||Start Date||End Date||Start Port||End Port||Price|
Cape Town, South Africa
|Tecla||Cape Town, South Africa||Horta, Azores||From € 4,320 EUR|
|Tecla||Horta, Azores||Ullapool, Scotland||From € 2,420 EUR|
|Tecla||Ullapool, Scotland||Reykjavik, Iceland||Fully booked|
|Tecla||Reykjavik, Iceland||Isafjordur, Iceland||Fully booked|