Want to study Navigation and Seamanship?
Would you like to gain an internationally recognised RYA (Royal Yachting Association) qualification?
Do you want to understand how navigation works so you can become a watch leader or skipper?
Want to brush up your theory to pass a Yachtmaster Practical Exam for a sailing career?
Hoping to sail the world - Are you ready for some Astro Nav?
Below explains all the distance learning or on line RYA theory courses that your can order and pay for on the Classic Sailing Website.
Distance Learning on-line makes it simple to learn.
- You can do it at home – or anywhere with an internet connection
- No travelling or commitment to 28 weeks of evening classes.
- You do it in your own time, in bite sized chunks
- Assistance is available to answer anything you may struggle with.
- RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship is an introductory course for only £95
- RYA Day Skipper Theory - covers all you need to know from navigation novice to keen potential day skipper OFFER £245 (was £295)
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal & Offshore Theory - the building blocks for intermediate/advanced skipper skills OFFER £245 (was £295)
- RYA Yacht Master Ocean Theory - Astro navigation, sextants, routing & weather OFFER £295.00 (was £345)
- Professional Practice & Responsibilities PPR (for instructors and wannabe charter skippers) £39
There is a higher course cost for posting the student pack to non UK addresses. Click on Buy Now button above for full details.
Assistance is available to answer anything you may struggle with.
There are currently no voyages matching this page.
7/10ths of the world's surface is ocean, and sea levels are rising. There has never been a better time to learn to sail and navigate a boat"
Distance Learning at home - You are Not on Your Own
You set the time frame, you decide when you are free, and you decide how long each session will be.
You do have to have an element of self motivation and determination, but the online courses are interactive and fun. An instructor is never far away, by email or phone, to help you if you are struggling with any element, and there is a wealth of material provided with the Learning Packs sent to you. In fact, more than likely, we will not hear from you again until you have actually passed the exam and wish to join one of our RYA Practical Courses.
Theory courses are not obligatory in order to pass any of the practical exams, but we do find that without the theory, some students struggle to complete the practical in the time given, or block the learning of others. The practical courses on boats at sea are fun, and challenging, and if you have done your homework, they are incredibly enjoyable.
The beauty of an online course, is that you are in control. No need to juggle home and work, or arrange childcare, in order to get to evening school. No need to spend some of your precious holiday time stuck in a classroom. Instructors are on hand should you need any element of the course explaining, and will give you feedback on your submitted answers.
Who is there to help you?